Steven's Installation in Grand Rapids

For the past 2-3 months Steven has had an artwork (Disrupted Environment) installed in the Urban Instititute for Contemporary Arts in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  We de-installed a little while ago, and I thought I'd post some pictures of the event..
Disrupted Environment, and it's placement in the UICA

Looking down from the top- 49 feet to the floor
Looking up at Steven and Jacqui
Looking directly up from the lowest point



View of the main section and the long lengths of fishing line


The sticks- up close


Untangling fishing line

Fishing weights- what holds it all in place.  I like the way they look together.








Taking it down.
Cutting down the sticks.
The piece was called "Disrupted Environment".  It consists of sticks that have been burned and varnished, fishing line, and lead ball fishing weights.  It is 40 feet tall, and took one week to install (with lots of help).  This is the largest work Steven has ever made.  We had a great time taking it down!

Comments

That is incredible! I am always amazed at installation works. Wish I could have seen it in person, so thanks for the pictures.