 |
| Jacqui and her monument to childhood |
A few months ago we sent a package to some family. Having something for all of the children in the family save one, I went into Walgreens to find something cheap and fun to stick in for her. I saw this awesomely huge lollipop, and I thought "That's it!". I'm sure her parents were thrilled. As soon as I brought it out to the car, it was love at first sight for Jacqui. She begged for one. I think she dreamt about it at night. There was no way I was buying one for her. Other people's kids are fine, but not mine, right? :) In the end, I told her if she saved her money, she could get one.
Well,
TODAY'S THE DAY!
I'm sure that if any health advocates saw us walking home from Walgreens, they were utterly disgusted, but well, here's to childhood! Walgreens is almost one mile away, and we did walk, so maybe that cancels out all the sugar calories that she just took in...? Anyhow, walking almost 2 miles for the world's greatest sucker (to a four year old) is but a small inconvience. Hope she enjoys every bite.
Comments