Since I haven't posted for a few months, here's a brief overview of our spring and summer happenings...
The Festival of Tulips: Holland, Michigan

We went to the Festival of Tulips in early May with our friends, the Stevens family. After the festival we drove over to the beach (Lake Michigan). The tulips were cool and all, but I think we liked the beach best... :)
Jacqui's Birthday: Our House
In May we celebrated Jacqui's 4th birthday. Some friends of ours gave us a free bike, so that was the big present. Jacqui's still scared to ride it, but we're making progress. She's been in love with the movie
Tangled, so I made her a Rapunzel dress as well. Her birthday cake wasn't quite as cool as some of our cake creations, but we wanted to only use one cake mix (as opposed to three, like we usually use for our big birthday cakes) since there are only three of us. She wanted a castle with princesses (just like last year, only 1/3 as big). We had a small birthday party with only three friends. We had a princess tea party. We bought china from Goodwill, and a cool tea pot from an antiques store. I made all the girls dresses and hats. I must have too much time on my hands.
Sarah's Birthday: Our House
Sorry, no pictures. My birthday was in June. It was great fun. We went to the park and played, and then I bought new clothes and a 30 year old Bosch mixer. My bread is now properly kneaded.
Vacation with Grandma and Grandpa Stradley and Uncle Matthew: Washington D.C.
 |
| Steven and Jacqui at Mount Vernon |
In June we went to Washington D.C. On the way we stopped by Kirtland, Ohio to visit the church's visitors center and see the Newel K. Whitney Store. It was really great. We had such a nice time, that we forgot to take any pictures (which is often the case with our family). However, we did get a few pictures while in D.C. We were able to visit Mount Vernon (they are currently re-finishing Washington's house, that's why it's two different colors). We were also able to go to a concert on the steps of the capitol. We didn't get any pictures of our whole family in front of the capitol, but we each got our own picture and that's pretty cool.
 |
| Jacqui resting on the capitol steps |
 |
| Family picture at Mt. Vernon (don't we all look happy!) |
 |
| Steven contemplating freedom |
 |
| Me in front of the capitol |
 |
| Grant Memorial |
 |
| Jefferson Memorial |
 |
| Lincoln |
 |
| Steven at Jacqui at FDR Memorial |
 |
| FDR Memorial |
 |
| WWII Memorial |
The best part of being in Washington D.C. was of course getting to see Steven's parents and brother, Matthew. Hopefully we didn't make them too crazy. :) There was so much to see. I'm looking forward to another trip to Washington D.C. again someday. I think I could take three vacations there and still have plenty more to see.
 |
| Steven's favorite exhibit |
 |
| Helicopter landing at White House (the president?) |
 |
| The crown Napolean gave his wife (Jacqui's favorite exhibit) |
 |
| Gettysburg |
Comments