Almost Like Home

I like Michigan.  I can't recall feeling homesick at all since moving here.  Today however, I had the oddest feeling I was home (by home, I mean in Utah).  We'd stopped by the craft store (Joann's) to find some Fray Check.  (I made Jacqui the cutest dress for Steven's art opening in Chicago, but I accidently cut a tiny hole in it..I'm ridiculously clumsy about those kinds of things...Don't worry, the hole doesn't show.)  I know it's silly, but we were walking around the store (which is almost an identical setup to the store I always visited in Utah) and it was as if we were in our store in Utah.  For a few seconds, I forgot we were in Michigan.  Now, I'm not a person who really gets homesick.  I enjoy being new places and Michigan is no exception.  I am thoroughly enjoying my time here, but those few seconds of misplacement were kind of enjoyable.  It was almost as if all the stress of the last three months was gone, and we were living like normal people again.  Well, one can dream, right?

Comments