Our Little Princess



I've heard it is not unusual to have an imaginary friend. Most kids, it seems have a friend that is around their age, or their same gender that they play with and talk to just like a normal friend. Last week Jacqui's imaginary friend made it's first appearance. No, it's not a boy or a girl, it's a little monster. I met it while playing "dinner" with Jacqui in her room. She pointed out into the hallway and said "That's my little monster. Do you see it?" It has made a few more appearances since then. It showed up at the mall with us yesterday, running alongside Jacqui. She finally picked it up (I guess it was having a hard time keeping up with us). I've learned that it is pink, although I bet if I asked her again it would probably be yellow. Steven and I talked yesterday about what we thought it might look like. I imagined a small creature not unlike the "popple" I played with as a child (if you aren't familiar with popples, they are small, round stuffed animals that you could turn inside out and it made a ball, and right side out it looked like a hairy puff). Steven imagines it to look like a muppet, not unlike Elmo or Oscar the Grouch. Either way, we are excited about this new addition to our household and hope it remains friendly.

Comments

Shiloh said…
I don't remember ever having and imaginary friend. Now I wan't one.
Hannah said…
I agree, I don't remember having one either, sounds fun though, and hey no maintenance. Maybe her little monster hides under her bed and scares away the other monsters.
Perhaps you could invite her to draw her monster? Just a thought. . .