Ahhh. Childhood Memories
So, I've been remembering some childhood memories today. Michael Jackson died yesterday, and I know it's odd, but it's brought back a flood of childhood memories. It was back in the era when Kristi Yamaguchi, Tonya Harding, and Nancy Kerrigan were the queens of women's ice skating, and my friends and I all had huge dreams of being famous ice skaters (we were probably 6 or 7 years old). We'd get together and roller skate in my friend's basement, and we'd fight over who got Kristi, who got to be Tonya and who got to be Nancy. Then we'd dance around to Michael Jackson's Thriller album over and over, and then watch the music video. Who but a child dreams of being a professional ice skater, skating at the Olympics to "Thriller"? Oh how I miss those times! I wish I could just strap on my roller skates and dance to "Beat It" again. I don't even think I can roller skate any more.
Comments